1 1/2 cups (375 mL) quinoa flour
3 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
a pinch of ground cloves
1 3/4 cup milk
1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin purée
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted pecans
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, spices and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, pumpkin, eggs and oil in a medium bowl.
- Add the liquids to the flour mixture and stir until blended.
- Grease a large nonstick frying pan and place on medium heat. When hot, pour 1/4-cup portions of batter into the pan. Pancakes will be ready to flip when you begin to observe bubbles and the underside is brown.
- Serve with maple syrup and toasted pecans.